Valuable lessons learned while tubing down the Washougal:
- Leave early
- No big-5 rafts! They’re tempting with their cup-holders and flashy colors (especially the pink ones), but can’t hold up to the wild Washougal River rapids. (well, OK, the River Rat did survive somehow)
- Bring equipment for safely scaling razor wire fences (just common sense, people).
- Sunscreen that’s not expired is best.
- Don’t go head-first down rapids.
Things we did right:
- Tie dye. (thanks, Lora!!)
- Plenty of beer
- Huckleberry blondies for hypothermia survival (Thanks, Michelle S.!!)